- Irish Aires Home Page
- Irish Aires Current Events
- Irish Aires Houston Links
- Irish Aires Links Page
- Irish Aires Archived
- Irish Aires Email Lists
- Irish Aires News Blog
This site includes the postings from the Irish Aires email list. This includes a listing of Irish/Celtic events in the Houston area and other information that the Irish Aires radio program posts.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Upcoming Constant Billy Gigs
Greetings from Constant Billy! We want to let you know about some upcoming performances. Hope we see you soon!
· THIS Sunday September 16, 2012 from 4-6pm Revels Cast Party at Villa Rinata, 2480 Chimney Rock, Houston, TX. It's a benefit for Revels Houston which puts on shows that spotlight traditional Yuletide celebrations from days of yore. $45-entitles you to enjoy wine and fabulous hors d'oeuvres by Van Smiros of City View Catering, while $70-entitles you to enjoy wine, the fabulous hors d'oeuvres, and a tasting of a wine with a Wine Spectator Rating of >90. Whichever level you choose, you'll meet some interesting folks and hear some fabulous music courtesy of Constant Billy
· Saturday September 22, 2012 Emily & Bill perform at the Sherwood Forest Celtic Festival. This is the second year for this ambitious festival off Highway 290 outside of Austin. The festival runs from Friday the 21st-Sunday the 23rd; Constant Billy will be there Saturday the 22. It boasts a huge lineup of musicians including our friends Blaggards, Téada, Clandestine, The Jig Is Up and of course Constant Billy! $30 for a weekend pass; $16 per day for adults, $8.50 per day for kids. Check out their website and come on down!
· Sunday September 30, 2012 1-6pm Irish Aires All-Day Extravaganza with Constant Billy at Dan Electro's Guitar Bar, 1031 East 24th Street Houston, TX 77009, (713) 862-8707. We'll be joined by some great entertainers (and our pals) including Murder the Stout, The Dead Rabbits, and the O'Maoileidigh Irish Dancers! It's all to raise funds for the Irish Aires radio show at KPFT 90.1FM. Irish Aires will provide a huge picnic out in Dan Electro's back yard, with hot dogs, hamburgers, potato and macaroni salad, cole slaw and baked beans. Beer, wine and soda can be purchased at the bar. $10 gets you Houston's Best Celtic entertainment and good food, too! Many thanks to our own Pete Little and to Jim Mendenhall of Dan Electros for making this happen. Come join us for a good cause and a good time!
Don't forget- Constant Billy performs the 1st Saturday of every month at Waldo's Coffee House. Hope we see you there …andthanks for your support of acoustic music!
"Constant Billy, one of Houston's longest-standing and continuously-performing acts, preserves the tradition of timeless Celtic music deep in the heart of Texas. Their lively reels and jigs keep audiences toe tapping, hand clapping and hollering for more. But it is their songs- Irish, Scottish and English ballads and their own, self-penned originals that define them and their performances. The trio- Emily Standish, Bill Galbraith and David Randall – manage to combine energy, precision and fun in a way that encourages audiences to join them in song.
"Dedicated members of the Houston music community, Emily and Bill share their extensive knowledge of Celtic music as co-hosts on KPFT'S Irish Aires radio program. So, grab a pint and sing along to the rollicking melodies of Constant Billy!"
- Pete Little, KPFT Radio 90.1FM