This site includes the postings from the Irish Aires email list. This includes a listing of Irish/Celtic events in the Houston area and other information that the Irish Aires radio program posts.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Larry Joe: the Long Time Traveler

http://jammables.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-wailin-jennys-long-time-traveller.html

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2012

The Wailin' Jennys - Long Time Traveller

Jam: Long Time Traveller
Good to jam: In times of loss
RIP, uncle Larry Joe Miggins
As of yesterday, my family got the unfortunate news that we lost a member, my uncle, dad's brother and best friend, Larry Joe Miggins, to an unexpected car accident last Friday. Of course, in this devastating time I've been searching for healing through music and was graced by this beautiful song by The Wailin' Jennys today, almost as if on purpose. The lyrics, "your fond embrace I now exchange for better friends above" especially hit home and bring comfort, as I know my other uncle Rory whom we lost in 2007 to melanoma is greeting him in Heaven with welcoming arms (and probably a cold beer, too!). It is also comforting to hear the words, "my soul now seeks another home a brighter world on high." But best of all, a quote from the man himself: "I'm more scared of not living than I am of dying." And anyone who knew or came in contact with my uncle can tell you that he most certainly lived. Rest in peace, Larry. You will be sorely missed.




From left to right: cousin John Hohlt, uncle Matt, uncle Neil, father John, uncle Larry, grandpa Larry, uncle Mike, and my brother Matt.

 
 jay

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?