This site includes the postings from the Irish Aires email list. This includes a listing of Irish/Celtic events in the Houston area and other information that the Irish Aires radio program posts.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Irish Aires Concert/Picnic This Sunday at Dan Electros
Halfway to St. Patrick's Day - Concert Fund-raiser for KPFT. Not your usual traditional Irish gathering! Check out this high energy line-up.
The word is out, loyal listeners, about the Sunday Sept 25th line up for the KPFT Irish Aires 2nd annual Picnic Fundraiser at Dan Electros Guitar Bar, 1031 E. 24th St. Houston, TX 77009 (Map) and here's the skinny.
A mere $10 donation ($5 for under 12 year-olds) benefiting KPFT 90.1 FM will get you in the door, which opens at 12:30, for an afternoon of MUSIC, Irish DANCE and a FREE LUNCH.
- At 1PM we will feature the rockin bagpipe sounds of the TOM FOOLIGANS,
- Followed by Houston premier Celtic Punk band DEAD RABBITS at 2ish.
- Around 3PM we are honored to welcome to the stage the Austin based Thin Lizzy cover band "THINK LIZZY".
- About 4PM we welcome our good friends the O'Maoileidigh school of Irish Dance, and
- We will finish off the afternoon (about 5pm) with the world renowned Hugh Morrison and MURDER THE STOUT, and some great Scottish accordion playing.
We're also be putting on the COMPLIMENTARY feedbag for all our guests throughout the day, with a picnic lunch provided by the IRISH SOCIETY, featuring grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, baked beans and potato salad.
This is a family friendly event with a large fenced in patio, and we invite you to bring the kids under 12, who will be admitted for $5, but we ask that you keep one good eye on them.
See you there!
Pete, Jay & Bertha, Bill & Emily(collectively known as the Irish Aires gang)