This site includes the postings from the Irish Aires email list. This includes a listing of Irish/Celtic events in the Houston area and other information that the Irish Aires radio program posts.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Clandestine Update

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:39:03 -0800 (PST) Subject:Houston dates and General news/rambles From:"emily's brain" em@drumgoddess.com Hello everyone! Emily here. I know, we've been sort of dormant for the last few months over here in the Clandestine cave. Besides getting very pale, we've been writing tunes and polishing songs and tightening up our nefarious plans for world domination. Or was it that we were planning for our new CD? I get them mixed up. No, No. I've just been informed that we -are- indeed preparing materials for a new CD. Glad that's cleared up. With that in mind, I just wanted to let ya'll know about some upcoming shows. It's the holidays again, and we're going to be at the Mucky Duck on Thursday the 27, smack in the middle of the Christmas/New Years Break. Bring your family, friends, enemies (but only ones that won't start a fight) and come hungry. No, seriously.Bonnie has been plying me with the Steak and Mushroom pie, and I swear, I may never eat my mother's again. (but don't tell her, or there'll be trouble)...and besides, after cooking for 40-odd Cajuns, I'm not sure that I ever want to wash a dish again. So, there it is, the December date, all sparkly and ready for your enjoyment. Thursday, December 27, 7:30pm (so far) McGonigel's Mucky Duck, Houston, TX 2425 Norfolk, 77098 (713)528-5999 http://www.mcgonigels.com/ We'll also be playing February 22nd at the Mucky Duck. That's a Friday and that'll be your last chance to see us before the beautiful & amazing chaos of St. Pats. So book early, and get a comfy seat. I understand that there are some tentative dates in Dallas and Austin, and as soon as the dust clears, we'll get the info our to everyone out there. (I also know about a really cool gig coming up in March, but I'll surprise the east coasters in a few days with that one) Check out our website to get a good look at our web maven's beautiful design, as well as all the upcoming pertinent information on our domination plans... I mean, the CD and shows. (wouldn't you confuse them, too?) at: http://www.clandestineceltic.com/home.html (someone tell the rest of the band that we need new photos, they never listen to me) In general news of the members, Gregory's been shuttling around the newest star of the McQueen musical juggernaut. Marybeth, who played a set for St. Pat's last year, is also playing the Toys for Tots Benefit, and I understand will be appearing at St. Pats again. Al's been a man about the world. He's in Russia right now doing super secret things with space equipment, wrenches and big fuzzy hats. Ej's been making the most beautiful bagpipes that I have ever seen (and I've seen quite a few), and he's here for his yearly wintering in Houston. (ask us about how strong his pipes are! able to withstand a station wagon!) have a look at them at http://www.piperjones.com/tidycottagesmallpipes.html and you'll see what I mean. Emily's been unpacking from her move this summer, and practicing talking about herself in the third person. see you soon, Emily "My strength is as the strength of ten men, for I am wired to the eyeballs on espresso."
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?